"ASK PAPA JEROME"
Ask Papa Jerome
After 20 years of working in education sharing with passion our Kaupapa Maori workshops at home and around the world, I am super harikoa ( happy and excited) to share with you my online service “Ask Papa Jerome"
" Jerome's passion, excitement and practical advice for making Maori culture an everyday part of class is powerful" Heather Gow
"Amazing , super inspiring and easy to relate to , He is a New Zealand gem! Not often is P.D this exciting "Maddie Reish
" Tino Pai for making Te Reo easy and comfortable to use " Alex Bowles
In recent years I have noticed a positive change in families, teachers , schools, communities and in the general population of Aotearoa - New Zealand. That change in my view is about a collective desire to understand, actively participate and be able to share more Kaupapa and Reo Maori with our most precious legacy our Tamariki. I believe we can't wait around for the law to change and for our own children its imperative that we drive this vision through the power of our people..
On my travels at home through my work at centers/schools all over the country I often hear the same remarks:
“Sometimes I’m afraid that I will get it wrong and offend someone”
“Jerome's sharing and workshops are fun, inclusive, non threatening and practical”
“Simple, super helpful and you make it easy to understand better and to transfer learning to the classroom”
“If only you could be here all the time just to check I’m teaching, saying and doing the right thing”
How it works and what you will receive in your membership:
- Through the evolving use of modern technology you will have access to weekly videos of Reo through song,storytelling , shared experiences and helpful tips to support your journey ( Members will be able to request topics and learning in shared videos that will be learner focussed)
- 24 hour response from me personally via email to any questions, guidance or support you may need on your journey including developing units for learning. Access to an online whanau through a private Facebook group for discussions , videos and articles of interest specific to this kaupapa.
- Options are also available for additional resources including Skype P.D/hui, visits to your center, school or community through workshops , professional development seminars and whole school and community shows.
Heres a brief breakdown of what the membership includes, as a bonus I'm offering to help create a school Powhiri set unique for your kura. This includes co creating a Haka specific to Powhiri, A Waiata tautoko (supporting song) and Video helping to create understanding around the significance of Powhiri plus Guidance with Whaikorero for senior students. This Powhiri set will be a life long skill set and learning for students, staff and whanau of your school !
Ask Papa Jerome is designed to share learning for both tamariki and teacher professional development together. More details below about what you will receive in the membership :
Te Reo Ngakau nui (The language of the heart)
8 week video learning programme for each term sharing relevant Reo specific to center/classroom/school. Te Reo Ngakau nui is language based around aroha, empathy and respect for people and environment . Using song, story and verse through simple but useful Maori words and phrases to be reused in everyday center/school life.
In this programme you will receive:
- 8 learning videos per term plus learning worksheets and additional supportive links
- Programme is useful for children learning needs and is aligned to Te Whariki and Ka Hikitia strategies.
- Teacher professional development achieved as teachers learn alongside the children with everyone journeying on the waka together
2 (1 hour) Skype hui per term to check in, catch up and offer additional support
unlimited email support, correspondence and guidance ( 24 hour response)
In addition to becoming a member you will receive:
Our unique ORO ATUA Maori mindfulness programme.
ORO ATUA is a Maori style guided meditation and mindfulness using Taonga Puoro music ,Waiata Ruruku/ Karakia and voice following the story of creation and our Atua Maori.
ORO ATUA has been developed over ten years with our visits to centers and schools and recognizing which specific instruments have a soothing and calming effect on body, mind, heart and soul. ORO ATUA is relevant to the sound of our natural environment in Aotearoa.
In this programme you will receive:
2 x ORO ATUA 10 min Maori mindfulness tracks per term of Taonga Puoro music.
Each one with different narration, waiata and Ruruku/Karakia which will also link to Te Reo Ngakau Nui programme.
- Worksheets around ATUA Maori relating to dispositions, intuition and the power within.
As a bonus I’m offering to help create a school Powhiri set unique for your kura. This includes co creating a Haka specific to your school to use for whakatau/Powhiri.
A Waiata tautoko (supporting song) and Video helping to create understanding around the significance of Powhiri plus Guidance with Whaikorero for senior students. This Powhiri set will be a life long skill set and learning for students, staff and whanau of your school!
Let me know what you think. In my vision I would love for the tamariki to have a dedicated book just for Te Reo so that they can keep it as a resource for themselves and also for you to keep as evidence of learning for Ministry visits etc.
Membership cost : $770 plus gst for yearly membership for whole school and all Teaching staff.
Please feel free to contact me personally if you have any further questions
Kaupapa & Reo Maori Online resource,personal guidance and support for you, your whanau, center, school and community!
"Our story and sharing of Hineraukatauri - ATUA Wahine - Goddess of Taonga Puoro and music in Aotearoa . A beautiful example of the different types videos we share.